Administration Department of Saint Mark Seminary and College operates
on a yearly basis and is closed only on holidays, holy days, and the
last two weeks of July and August. Applicants may enroll at
throughout the year.
- Select a program you wish to study
- Complete the application
and return along with a $50 application fee and the supporting
documents as outlined on the application form.
- If you wish an evaluation for advanced credit attach
a current bio-data to the application and return with the required $75
- Seminary students also need to fulfill the
requirements listed below
- Have completed at least two (2) years of college or
its equivalent, and be at least twenty (20) years of age.
He should fill out and submit the appropriate application required for
admission to the Seminary or the Distance Education Seminary Process.
- Familiarize himself with the Eastern Orthodox
Catholic Archdiocese of the Americans and Dependencies, and begin an
active correspondence between himself and the Prefect of Seminarians
- Agree to a personal visit to the Metropolis within a
sixty (60) day period. Does not apply to those outside of
Canada, USA or Mexico.
- Participate in the life of the Church, and attend the
annual Consistory of Bishops of the Holy Synod and Syndesmos of Clergy.
- Satisfy and deficiencies that may exist.
- Prove his ability to establish a parish or other
approved apostolate as agreed to with the Metropolis, after ordination
also need to submit
the following documentation:
- Certification of Baptism and/or Certificate of
Chrismation into the Orthodox Catholic Church.
- Certified copies of academic transcripts from all
colleges, universities and/or seminaries attended.
- Copies of all ordination certificates of
verifications, if applicable
- If married, a copy of the Marriage Certificate (
Civil and Ecclesiastical), and a notarized statement from spouse giving
her blessings to the candidate's desire to become a deacon or priest of
the Eastern Orthodox Catholic Archdiocese of the Americas and
- Official “Criminal Background Check” showing that
there are no serious crimes against him, and that no current warrants
exist under his name.
- A psychological assessment submitted by a licensed
psychologist or psychiatrist, a licensed pastoral or theocentric
psychotherapist, or other agreed upon licensed professional involved in
- A recommendation from three professional persons
known to the candidate for at least three (3) years, and another from
the candidate's current or former employwer submitted directly by them.
- A letter detailing the candidate's spiritual
and reason(s) for wanting to become a permanent deacon, or deacon and
- Proof that the candidate can or cannot afford the
full seminary tuition and expenses.
and those in the Minor Orders shall be under the direct supervision
of the Metropolis and Archdiocese, the Local Bishop of their
respective Diocese, and the Prefect of Seminarians.
Candidates who wish to
permanent deacons or priests in the Eastern Orthodox Catholic
Archdioceses of the Americas and Dependencies, or those who wish to
communicate with us about this matter, should contact Very Rev.
Brother Vincent Cappabianca, Prefect of Seminarians. Write him at
Metropolis-St Nicholas Center, 456 Nimick Street, Sharon PA 16146
(USA). You may also email email@example.com
and address your inquiry to His Eminence Archbishop Timothy.